|Play Game | Register | Friends | About | LavaMind |||
Help Me!Are you having trouble? Try another browser. Switching browsers will probably solve your problem. Try FireFox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari. You may also try updating Adobe Flash. Our games require the latest version of Flash to run.
Okay, if that doesn't fix your problem, please peruse the FAQ below:
- What is Zapitalism?
Zapitalism is a fantasy business simulation game. It combines beautifully rendered images with multiplayer functionality in a game of business strategy. You will be able to make deals with the eccentric inhabitants of Zapinalia, invest in stocks & bonds, corner the market, and construct megastores. You can also venture out to explore the islands of Mermadan in search of treasure and mysterious relics. The first player to build a retail empire and outwit the competition wins. You can even play Group Games with up to six players!
- Why doesn't Zapitalism work properly?
If Zapitalism doesn't work on your computer, here are four things to check:
1) Check what version of Flash is installed on your browser. If it isn't the latest version, proceed to update your Flash Player.
2) The next easiest solution is to simply use another browser. Your browser may have come with something that conflicts with Zapitalism. Try using a different browser. For example, if you're having troubles with IE, then try Firefox, Chrome or Safari. You can download any of these browsers for free.
2) You may be using an outdated browser. Simply update your browser to the latest version.
3) You may have installed a browser plug-in or add-on that's inteferring with the game. Try disabling the browser plug-ins & add-ons that you don't really need. To disable a plug-in, simply go to the Tools menu in your browser and select Add-ons. Then you'll see all the add-ons and plug-ins you have installed in your browser. Simply click on Disable to disable any of them that you don't need.
NOTE: Don't disable Adobe Flash or Java, since that is what Zapitalism requires to run.
- How do I solve a browser plug-in conflict?
Our games don't use any browser plug-ins or add-ons other than Adobe Flash, which is pretty universal. If you have other browser plug-ins that are causing a conflict, you can disable them by simply going to the Tools menu and selecting Add-ons. You can easily see all the add-ons and plug-ins you have installed in your browser.
You can then disable any that you seldom use by clicking on Disable. We recommend keeping Adobe Flash and Java enabled because so many websites rely upon them, including Zapitalism. Most other plug-ins are not as widely used.
- What browsers does Zapitalism work on?
Zapitalism should work with the latest versions of Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, and any other browser that supports Adobe Flash and Java. If you're having trouble with the game, try upgrading your browser to the latest version. If this doesn't work, simply try switching to another browser. For example, if you're having troubles with IE, try switching to Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Why can't I play more than 20 turns?
To play beyond 20 turns, you'll need to upgrade to the full version of Zapitalism. This will also allow you to explore the island of Zapitania, interact with its odd inhabitants, and search for amazing treasures.
- What do I need to play Zapitalism?
Zapitalism requires an Internet connection, a browser, and Adobe Flash Player 10 or above. If you do not have the latest version of Flash, simply click here to get it.
- How do I renew my subscription?
You are not billed automatically each year. Once your subscription expires, if you want to renew for another year, just go to My Account, click on Upgrade, and purchase an additional year.
- How do I play Zapitalism with my friends?
There are two ways to do this:
1) If all your friends are in the same room, you can start a new game with up to 6 players on a single computer. Once you start the game, just choose the number of human players, then play the game and take turns. We call this "hot seat" mode.
2) If all your friends aren't in the same room, you can start a Group Game. This allows you to invite your friends by username or email address. If they are not registered already, simply enter their email addresses and accounts will be created for them. In a Group Game, you will be emailed when your turn comes up.
Tech SupportIf the FAQ didn't answer your question, and you are ready to turn Lars & Mars into Lobster Thermidor, it's time to petition for divine intervention. If you contact us, we promise to make offerings to the Internet Gods, slaughter sacred mice (not the animals), and sing Zoroastrian dirges, if that will help resolve your dilemma.
© 1995 - 2018 LavaMind LLC. All rights reserved.